PlantMetrics time filtering

rstech

Any PlantMetrics users out there? I'm setting up one of the existing Report Objects called "Units by hour" which is a chart. By default it sets the time filtering to the last 2 hours. Does anyone know how to change it so that when the report is first opened it defaults to 24 hours instead of 2 hours? I know I can manually change it in the time selection box once I'm in the report but I would like it to default to 24 hours.

Thanks.

rob,

I'm not sure but I think you have to set the time frame (i.e. 24 hrs.) when the report is first saved. Once it is saved with that value, it sticks. Just make the time change & then save as a different report. Someone else may know an easier way. Thats how I would do it.
BD

Thanks Bikerdude,

I tried it that way a number of times and it didn't work. After scratching my head for a while I decided to try it on another computer I have running the BizBikes demo. It worked! So I went back to the PC I was working on and tried again. No go. I tried over and over and over again and it finally worked. I must have been holding my breath just right. I went to change it to a different time scale and it wouldn't work again. Once again, after trying numerous times it finally took again.

Prior to learning this I sent a tech support request to Rockwell so I guess I'll see what they come back with. Something that is noteworthy is the computer I'm having problems with I am connecting through a VPN connection and I have seen some odd problems before. The Bizbikes demo is set-up in my office so I was right there working on it. I will be at my customers site tomorrow and will try the change while sitting at the computer and not through a VPN connection. Strange....

rob,
Glad it finally took. Yeah, strange describes quite quite a bit of the application. If you ask a Rockwell Rep. about something, they just calmy tell a story about how if you do this then that will happen. Experience tells me that it may happen or then again it may not. It's probably just me though. I'm not as knowledgeable of MSSQL & RSSQL as I need to be. Our server (Dell Optiplex) has a doggy Celeron processor. Three years old & needs an upgrade badly. The little hourglass just spins & spins, seems like one of these days I'll be hypnotized into a deep never ending sleep.
BD

OK, now I get it. Whether its right or wrong is another thing. To get the changes to "stick" I need to first make the change, then select Properties of the object from the View/Properties then just press OK. If I try to make the change but not go into the Properties tab the changes do not stay. Weird because this only happens on the computer I'm on a VPN connection with and not the other computer I have in my office. They are different applications running the same version of Windows2003 Server and the same PlantMetrics version 8.0. Oh well, at least it works!

Tech support got back to me. If you have the "General" toolbar turned on in the report object there is a "Save Report Object" button in the upper left side of the toolbar on the report. Clicking this will also save the change. Funny how saving the report doesn't necessarily save the Report Object changes.