fiber optic prox switch

jimtech67

I am looking for a fiber optic limit switch.

I remember seeing something like this on a machine I wired many years ago. If memory serves: It had an emitter and receiver made of fiber optic cables (provided by the manufacturer) so the electronics could be mounted away from the sensing point. I think there was a lot of static discharge involved

All i find on a Google seach is the photo electric stuff, this not what I want. Anyone know of something like this or is my memory wrong?

It is a test rig that can produces current to ground if the insulator fails (makes a nice flash and bang). They want to keep all electonics away fron the test point. But they need to sense if a ram is in the correct position.

Try IFM Efector they make some realy good stuff, I just started using O5H500 its a diffuse reflective thats good for about 6ft, then they have a O5P200 thats good for 7 meters, I dont know if they have fiber but its worth a look