Help with directSoft compare instruction

bryan372002

Hey Guys, Could someone please tell me how this rung of logic below could be written using DirectSoft

I dont really understand the word addressing scheme with Direct soft from what I have read it looks as though V40400 would be the first 16 bit word.

Image1a.jpg

Code:
V40400 K15			   Y0
|------|=|---------------------------(out)

The first 16 bit input word is V40400. This includes input points X0 to X17. The second input word would be V40401 and would includ points X20 to X37.

Thanks a lot Icky, I thought that was right, but when i did the = instruction with DL and entered v40400 as the source when i accepted it the v40400 changed to x0 so I wasnt sure i was doing it right. I appreciate your Help.

Hey Icky, one more question if the hexidecimal number i want to use is for instance 15 would i write it as K15 or Kf ?

Kf. This would look for all 4 of the first inputs (X0-X3) to be on.

I goofed when I wrote the sample logic. :oops:

Bryan - look again at your entered compare. DirectSoft probably changed the 'v40400' to 'VX0' which means 'the V register which holds the 16 bits starting at X0'. This form of representation is an 'alias'. The 'alias' would also be substituted if you entered the accumulator locations for Timers or Counters. This help can be turned off in options if you wish.

Thanks Bernie after talking witht he instructor i have learned more about the proper way to go about this ( or at least what he says is proper) I was leaving a lot of possible mishaps the way i had it written. i will post what i have learned and see what you guys think, thanks again for everyones help

icky812 said:
Code:
     V40400	 Kf 			  Y0
     |------|=|---------------------------(out)

This would look for all 4 of the first inputs (X0-X3) to be on.

It would also look for the next twelve inputs being off. As icky812 mentions in his earlier post, V40400 is inputs x0-x17.

I may be wrong on this but it looks to me this thread and your other post are basically doing the same thing.

What you may want to look at in RSL is Decode (DCD) and in DirectSoft is Decode Box (DECO).

I may be wrong but it looks to me like you want to take a combination of the inputs and turn on specific outputs i.e. if the input word uses bits 0-3 and has 0110 then bit 6 of the destination word would be on.