File revision management?

GregPLC

Does anyone know of a good way or good piece of software to help manage ladder files between laptops, desktops, and servers? The problem is knowing who has the most current version of a ladder file....any helpful hints to keeping these organized between techs.?

Thanks,

Greg

one simple solution is date the file each time its revised..ie programfile020300, programfile052301 etc. The first was modified or whatever on Feb 3, 2000, the second on May 23, 2001.

There can be issues when the machines were designed identical but addons vary when installed on location. I have many machines that were designed the same but changes over the years have made them different. When I run into this I may use the machine serial# in the program file name also.