GE Fanuc - CIMplicity Question

Critt

Hello,

I'm trying to load CIMplicity Machine Edition onto my laptop and having a lot of trouble. Was wondering if anyone is fimiliar with this and could help me install it.

Laptop is Windows XP SP2
CIMplicity ME is V3.0

Problem I get is Internal Error 2753

Cimplicity is up to version 5.5 now. Any reason your loading such an old version? Personally I wouldn't even try to run anything before version 5, nothing but problems.

That's the only version I have. Not sure how old it really is but its not something we use all the time. I need it to make some changes to an existing PLC in the field. Kind of a one time deal, so I would rather not buy the upgrades if I don't have to. I managed to get CIMplicity Machine Edition installed on one of my old laptops... so guess I will have to see how it goes

CME seems to be rather diffucult to get up and going. However, the good folks at GE dont seem adverse to helping thoes in need. IOW dont waste your time and call them at the 1st hint of trouble.