TrendX

bsprowls

I have TrendX 3.42 running with RSView32 7.20. The problem I am seeing is that when you call the trend, a box appears saying "Loading historical data" and it never does get it loaded. The work around is to stop the project, go into edit mode, call the trend, and go from View - Normal to Test Run, then it loads and it will work for the next day or two in the Run mode. Any ideas?

Has the trend ever worked on this machine? If you start it in run mode, once it gathers data, if you close it and open it again will the data be gone?

Verify your datalogs are set to start when the project starts. Verify the tags that are in your trend are in your datalog.
Start and stop the project, then check the activity log for any errors.

Last, but not least, A-B always recommends to do this if a program acts funny...

Stop the project, go to the folder your project is in...

Delete the *.CAC file in the 'TAG' Folder
Delete the 'Cache' folder entirely.
Go to the path your datalog data is being stored in. Under each folder with the name of your datalog, delete the *.DLG and *.DNS files.

Restart the project.

I had this exact problem last week (along with another problem related to the pause not resuming correctly). I uninstalled and re-installed the TrendX function and both problems were cleared up.

OG