RSView Confirmation Prompt

garyhendel

I am using RSView together with RSLogix 5000. I have about 12 Numeric Input fields on a screen, each displaying a tag value, and I am wondering what the best way is to present the user with a confirmation window when they try to change one of the values. Ideally, it would work like this:

1. The user would touch the numeric input field and be presented with the screen keypad.
2. They wouldtype in the new value and press enter.
3. The user would then be presented with a pop-up window that shows them the new value and asks that the change be confirmed or cancelled.
4. If it is confirmed, the new value is written to the tag. If not, the new value is discarded.

Is there a good way to accomplish this without creating a new screen for each field (12 nearly identical screens)? Or would anyone suggest a slightly different approach? Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Gary Hendel

Which version of RSView are you using? If you are using RSView32 or RSView SE, then you can use VBA to perform the download confirmation.

If you are using RSView ME, you may have to create the separate screens, because RSView ME does not support VBA.

Rick

You can create only one popup and use it for all input fields. There are dozen of ways to do that. Basic idea is indirectivity...