Problem with Siemens S5 + OP37

TomekT

Hello!

I'm new user on this site. I would like to ask You for help. I have Simatic S5 (S5-95U) and operator's panel Siemens OP37. I need one small program for this PLC to work with this OP37, because i want to learn how this devices work with each other, how they exchange the data. Could somebody write this program for me? Program for OP37 should be written in ProTool, and have only one screen where are two things: one button (when it will be pressed on OP, the input (for example I32.0) on S5 should turn on); one "lamp" (when the output on S5 would be active this "lamp" on the OP should light on). Program on PLC shuold be written in S5 for Windows and include all special function blocks responsible for communication with OP37. Could Somebody write that kind of program for me (with some small description what particular block/segment do)? I really need help in this! With kind regards.

TomekT

Hi TomekT.

As noone else seems to be able to help, I will offer a little guidance.
I cannot create a sample S5 program for you so I shall try to explain how the connection between the PLC and OP works:

Tags: Simply create tags in Protool for the variables that you need to access. You dont have to program any special functions in the S5 program (*). The OP does all the communication. Only important is that the addresses that you define must exist in the PLC.

Alarms and messages: You may want to use these features. If you do you must add socalled "area pointers" for alarms messages and/or for event messages. This gives you a number of alarms or events, depending on the amount of data you define for the area pointers (no of words). Each defined word gives you 16 alarms or 16 messages. Each alarm or message is triggered when the corresponding bit in the area pointer word is set. It is quite simple really.

There are more possibilities, but the two above are the most important ones.

Hope the above makes sense.

*: I remember that sometimes you have to add some system FBs to handle the comms, but possibly this is not necessary when using the "simple" AS511 protocol.
If someone knows better about this, please step in.