Synchronize PLC and PanelView clock??? :-)

nesppi

Hi people!!

One question, does anyone how to synchronize the clock of a SLC 500 and a PanelView 300? I think you can use the "status tags" but I don´t know the way...

thank you very much in advance

Greetings

In your CONTROL TAGS, there is a place holder for Year, month and day, and hour, minute and second. Create your tag names and use the associated STATUS tags from the PLC in the tag location.

Go to "System" -> "Global Connections" in RSView Studio and assign Remote Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second
Also don't forget Remote Date and Time. You will need to shange it value in PLC from 0 to non zero to actually run update...
RSView Studio has pretty good help file on all that...
Good luck...

Hi everybody,

First of all, thanks for the answer.
The PanelView is the PanelView 300 Micro and I am using PanelBuilder to create the application....

So, if I use the status tags of the PanelView of hours, minutes, and seconds, and I put as address of these tags the state adresses of the hour, minute and second of the PLC, will both synchronize? Is it enough?

Thank you,

greetings

I need to sinchronize the slc500 by rsview enterprise

Hi Coleagues

I need to synchronize the clock of a SLC 500 and a PC by RSVIEW ENTERPRISE, Does someone could help me. I think the way is to use de macro with de synctad command. But i don´t know how to find it...

thank you

Greetings

Old Thread Ressurection...

For SE, the best way, would be to have a bit in the PLC get set on powerup, and then again for for some interval, say once a day, or once every few hours.

Set up an event detector in RSView SE, read the time from the PC, format it into integers, and just set the date/time registers in the SLC (assuming it has a real time clock, that is).

For SLC's with an RTC, the registers are:
S:39 = Day of month
S:38 = Month
S:37 = Year (YYYY)
S:40 = Hour
S:41 = Minute
S:42 = Second

harorico said:
Hi Coleagues

I need to synchronize the clock of a SLC 500 and a PC by RSVIEW ENTERPRISE, Does someone could help me. I think the way is to use de macro with de synctad command. But i don´t know how to find it...

thank you

Greetings

Thank you

For your aswer,I'm new in PLC'S configuration, i get you, how set up de events in SE, but i don't find the way for get time from de PC. I hope you have the patience to explaim me.

rdrast said:
Old Thread Ressurection...

For SE, the best way, would be to have a bit in the PLC get set on powerup, and then again for for some interval, say once a day, or once every few hours.

Set up an event detector in RSView SE, read the time from the PC, format it into integers, and just set the date/time registers in the SLC (assuming it has a real time clock, that is).

For SLC's with an RTC, the registers are:
S:39 = Day of month
S:38 = Month
S:37 = Year (YYYY)
S:40 = Hour
S:41 = Minute
S:42 = Second

RSView SE has system tags with Date/time information. Look under the 'System' folder in the tag database. You might need to parse them some, but it shouldn't be too hard. The Rockwell supplied 'Clock' displays access the date/time system tags if you can't find them.

I'd offer more, but I'm at home right now, and frankly don't want to reboot this machine to my View-studio configuration lol.

There is also a "Logix 5000 Clock Update Tool" that allows a PC's time clock to update A-B controller clocks. I have used it both with SLC-5/05 and ControlLogix over Ethernet.

It's free, it's included with RSLogix 5000, and it uses RSLinx Lite.

You know, I keep forgetting about that little utility Ken. Every time we add a new processor to our network, it takes a few months before someone reminds me to add it to the TimeServer list. Any chance you guys at Rockwell could just make it discover new compatible devices and just update them on the default schedule? Or at least pop up a messagebox?

sinchronize

Hi rdrast

With your help,I used this way for sinchronize the plc with HMI, is correct?

firts I maked a Tags with de register s:39...s:42.
Second created a macro with the tags and equate with the system tags

Macro (Sinchronize)
&SINCRONIZAR\S_37 = system\Year
&SINCRONIZAR\S_38 = system\Month
&SINCRONIZAR\S_39 = system\DayOfMonth
&SINCRONIZAR\S_40 = system\Hour
&SINCRONIZAR\S_41 = system\Minute
&SINCRONIZAR\S_42 = system\Second

Then i did the "event"and used the macro (Sinchronize)and programed the event execute this action every day at 5:00 am.

I have to make other macro called "start" is used, every time you run the RSVIEW CLIENT, you active the event by command "eventOn"

Other Question when i operated the RSVIEW CLIENT, some macros don't works and appear "the tag macro xxxxx has not been activated" i don't know, what can i do for resolve this problem....

thank you

rdrast said:
RSView SE has system tags with Date/time information. Look under the 'System' folder in the tag database. You might need to parse them some, but it shouldn't be too hard. The Rockwell supplied 'Clock' displays access the date/time system tags if you can't find them.

I'd offer more, but I'm at home right now, and frankly don't want to reboot this machine to my View-studio configuration lol.