Old Omron

cww

Hi

I need a definitive answer as to what I need to program a C40H PLC. I've been given the wrong answer twice by a distributor and Omron tech support. I need someone who has actually done this. I have LSS and suspect I need a host adapter, but the distributor said I could just use the RS232 port and the CS folks said to use a C500-LK201 which I can see is not going to work. The docs are really vague in this area. Any body who is sure what I need?

Regards

cww

You definately require LSS (YUCK) or Syswin. You also require a 3G2A6-LK201E interface unit. I believe this is the same as a C500-LK201E or C120-LK201E. I have both a 3G2A6-LK201E and C120-LK201E and they both work on the same PLCs.

I have just checked the operation manual for the PLC on my Omron Digital Technical Library CD. You can also obtain the manual at http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?download=644

Have a look in the "Standard Models" section.

This been a long time, but pretty sure I have connected to the mini H series via the on board 232 port. Biggest issue is the cable. Pin 7 is Signal ground not Pin 9 as on the newer units.

I would verify the cable you are using. Also check out the manual referred to by BobB. He is also correct on the host link units.

Check this manual it contains the cable pinouts.

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Well, the C500-LK201 I've got looks like it belongs in a rack so it must be the wrong model. I think I'll concentrate on the 232 port. The pictures, if not the text seem to imply that you can do this. The operation manual or at least one of the manuals I've read, says you can't. All I need to do is watch the ladder while I push some buttons to get the mapping for a new display and see what register they use for a string index. It's been a real pita to work with this thing. I think it will become an AD or AB micro next time I have to mess with it. I don't mind the screwing around but it gets expensive. Anybody want a C500-LK201 rack mount host interface module?

Regards

cww