Square-D Sy/Max

The Square D Sy/Max PLC was basically frozen about 10 years ago. If any new hardware was introduced it was by a third party. Schneider Electric (the parent company of Square D) did create interface modules to allow old Sy/Max racks to work on Quantum systems.

Square D did finally introduce their own Windows based software package 8010SFW5xx a few years ago.

There are two different critters. Symax and Modicon. NR&D is who to see for parts for Symax. Symax is an excellent product but it did not stay up with processor speeds like Modicon

Last edited:
PLC workshop for symax

hi i have a symax400 and im using a software package from Fastraks software called PLC workshop for symax. This works under windows xp with no worries. At www.fastraks.com you can down load a demo of it, i only had one problem with it it wouldnt display in full screen. But a simple fix helped, once installed create a shortcut on desktop, then right click it, then go to properties, then select the misc tab now untick "allways suspend" and set "idle sensitivity" to high ,apply and ok. Now when you run the program press "alt"+"enter. You can purchase the full product at this website and it was the cheapest i found