Panelview 550 Hours Of Operation ?

GTX

Hi

I have a Micrologix1500 connected to a Panelview550 and i was wondering if there is a way to display "hours of operation" for the panelview. For example, i want to be able to display on the panelview the total hours it has been operating, from the day it was installed. It has to be able to retain these hours even when the power is turned off.

Is this at all possible or just wishful thinking on my part ?

Thanks for any input !!

GTX said:
Hi

I have a Micrologix1500 connected to a Panelview550 and i was wondering if there is a way to display "hours of operation" for the panelview. For example, i want to be able to display on the panelview the total hours it has been operating, from the day it was installed. It has to be able to retain these hours even when the power is turned off.

Is this at all possible or just wishful thinking on my part ?

Thanks for any input !!

One way would be a heartbeat from the PV to the M1500. You could use the clock or page display to be sent to the M1500.

Set up a timer in the PLC , that once it expires write a 0 to the heartbeat register. If the PV is still online, it will overwrite the 0 the timer just cleared.

As long as the heartbeat register is Non-Zero , you know the PV is online. This could set a bit that is used to accumulate time.

As long as the PLC does not go offline or program overwritten , should work

Ian

bioplc said:
Can you please explain..how to setup the heartbeat register..

Thanks in advance

In Panelbuilder32,
Application Settings -> Control Tags -> Status Tags

You can set up a register that the PV writes to to indicate the page # the PV is on ( not sure if that only writes when page is first opened ), but there is also selections that the PV clock can write to the PLC. The PV tag for seconds could be used as the heartbeat.

Ian

I have a Micrologix1500 connected to a Panelview550 and i was wondering if there is a way to display "hours of operation" for the panelview.

I think the question may be misleading in a sense. Are you actually wanting to display Hours of Service for the system that has the ML1500 and PV550?
OR
display the hours the PV550 is turned on?

The best method would be if either has an RTC, then you can capture date and time and obtain days, hours, or whatever is needed.