mistsubishi FX1N

taknevs

hello all
i am a PLC rookie, i have worked with AB PLCs for over a year now and suddenly i find myself assigned to a project to develop a prototype screen stage control for a theatrical play using mitsubishi FX1N plcs and GX developer software. (the best part is i've been given a deadline - 4 weeks).
is there any online tutorials for this PLC, any kind of help will be heavenly appreciated.
takvens

If you have been writing programs for AB PLC's
Then you should not have any major problems with Mitsubishi...
The Inputs will now be X... inplace of I...
The Outputs will be Y... inplace of O...
The internal bits will be M... inplace of B...

If you start to write your program and get stuck on some section then come back and ask how to overcome that particular problem.
There will be a lot of people willing to help.

Regards David ;)

The only additional comments that I might make are that Timers and Counters are written and used like inputs. That is:

---] [---------------------------------------(T10 )
X0 K10

LD X0
OUT T10 K10

This gives you:

When 'X0' makes, 'T10' times for 1.0 sec. 'K' must be used in front of a constant value. A data register address may be used in lieu of a constant. So out might read:

LD X0
OUT T10 D10 (data register '10'

Most counter values are 100ms timers. Read the instructions to determine how to generate different time bases (10ms). I don't happen to have the book with me.

Then you can use 'T0' as an input later in the program. Counters are similar but must be reset using the 'RST' instruction like this:

---] [---------------------------------------(C10 }
X0 K10

---] [-----------------------------------[RST C10 ]
X10

LD X0
OUT C10 K10
LD X10
RST C10

To me, the most confusing thing about jumping between PLCs is how timers, counters and data registers are handled. All other BASIC functions sare the same.

Hope this helps (BTW, I'm not real savvy making the ladders with this editor. I'll practice later.}
... rab