VB.net and RSLinx Communication

jseal

Hi, I've been writing applications in Visual Basic 6 for a while now that interact with PLCs, but have recently decided to migrate over to VB.net, since VB6 is becoming obsolete. Now, I know VB.net did away with DDE communication and this was unfortunately what I was using in VB6. I've been told that I can use OPC to communicate instead, but have no idea how and where to start learning how. Can someone help me out?

Try kepware.com, they have a OPC Server that you can download for free and run for 2 hours at a time with drivers for a lot of different PLC',s AB included. They included a VB6 client example but if you email them they will send you a VB.Net example.

Thank you for the kepware.com link. I just got off the phone after talking with them for about an hour. I'm going to be writing some opc clients using the kep server.
It looks fantastic. I'm really looking forward to this. You've just saved me months of work.. lol.. :)... thank you!!!