GE Fanuc Series One Com problem

beast17

Hello everyone,

I've got the following situation going on.

The PLC in question is a GE Fanuc Series one with a 104b CPU. I also have the DCU module (IC610CCM105C) and a computer with a RS422 serial interface capable of running Logic Master One (both LM1 and LM1F).
When I try to go online with Logic master I get the following error message "Unknown comm status #5" and "No communications with CPU".
I've tried several wirings of the communication cable, using resistors for termination, but alas no positive result.
Does anybody know what i'm missing here?

Many thanks,
Koen

I use this cable, DCU to standard RS-232 on PC.
With DIP Swich 2 only 'on' for both banks, make software settins to:
DCUID = 2
Baud = 9600 N,8.1
SerisOneDirect.gif

AndyT

Thanks for the manuel, but i already had it and made my comm cable according.

RussB

in the diagram, under the "9 pin F", the jumpers are those on pin 4,6 and on pin 7,8 or is it pin 4,5,6 and pin 7,8.
Something else, is it possible that pin 2 and 3 of the RS232 are switched on the 9pin?

many thanks,
Koen

On the 9pin jump 7to8, on some older PCs you need to jump 4to6 also, I do just to be safe.
No, the pin-out is correct as shown.

Sorry Russ,

doesn't work either, no communication with cpu. Does this mean my DCU isn't working correct?

many thanks,
Koen

Maybe, but it could also be:
* Powersupply, try using external power for the DCU or just unplug all the I/O modules and try again.
* You must use L1F for any CPU104,105 or 106, what version do you have and is it compatible with your OS?
* Have you setup the port properly and used the proper F-key to 'Set Port' after making the changes?
* Did you setup the software to use the proper port, this is done in a different area than setting the baud rate etc.

Russ,

I'm using a Dos boot disk with with DOS 5.0 and LM1F on it. The serial port is set to the proper settings and using the proper serial port. The rack has only the CPU in it. With this setup i still get no comm.
Seems i gonna have to accept i have a faulty dcu.

Thanks anyway,
Koen

Hello Russ,

IT WORKS!!

Stupid me forgot to set the correct baudrate setting on the DCU.

Many, many thanks.
You da man.
Koen