Omron Plc's

fuzzywuzzy

This is a question for you OMRON guru's I want to use a timer to delay an output on state. When the timer times out the output should turn on causing the next step. In allen bradley timers and counters have a done bit address, and enabled bit address, and a timer timing or counter count bit address,,,, how does Omron work?? What would be the adddress to use on a normally open contact to make it close or turn on when the timer times out???
Thanks
Harry

Use a bit with the same address as the timer. Omron only offers a done bit with timers and counters.

Also depending on the processor, make sure that you use unique addresses for both timers and counters. Some processors share that memory area between timers and counters! Having a timer and a counter with the same number can really mess you up!

Hope this helps.

INPUT
---] [-----------+----------+
|TIM 000 |
|SV 0100 |
+----------+

TIM000 OUTPUT
---] [-------------------( )

You will choose a TC address for your timer. TC addresses run from 000 thru 127 in CPM1 processors, 000 thru 255 in CPM2 processors, and 000 thru 511 in CQM processors. There are some restriction on which addresses you should reserve if you want to use the TIMH instruction, refer to the manual for more info. You can use a TC address only once for a timer or counter. Once used the TC address is defined as a timer or counter based on which instruction you used it in. To access the timer completion flag in load, load not, and, and not, or, or not instructions then prefix the timer's TC address with TIM, as in TIM000 (CNT if its a counter). You can access the timers accumulated value with a compare isntruciton by refering to the TC word you designated for the timer.

The timer set value (SV) is a BCD value and it can be either a constant or an IR word (thumbwheel input) or DM word.

Alaric said:

INPUT
---] [-----------+----------+
|TIM 000 |
|SV 0100 |
+----------+

TIM000 OUTPUT
---] [-------------------( )

You will choose a TC address for your timer. TC addresses run from 000 thru 127 in CPM1 processors, 000 thru 255 in CPM2 processors, and 000 thru 511 in CQM processors. There are some restriction on which addresses you should reserve if you want to use the TIMH instruction, refer to the manual for more info. You can use a TC address only once for a timer or counter. Once used the TC address is defined as a timer or counter based on which instruction you used it in. To access the timer completion flag in load, load not, and, and not, or, or not instructions then prefix the timer's TC address with TIM, as in TIM000 (CNT if its a counter). You can access the timers accumulated value with a compare isntruciton by refering to the TC word you designated for the timer.

The timer set value (SV) is a BCD value and it can be either a constant or an IR word (thumbwheel input) or DM word.

Alaric - I didnt realise you were an Omron Guru as well!
Another string to your bow :D

504bloke said:
Alaric - I didnt realise you were an Omron Guru as well!
Another string to your bow :D

I'm not. I'm fairly new to the Omron world. My first time was earlier this year and there are two more on the horizon for early 2007 so I've been trying to come up to speed, excellent nap time reading if you know what I mean. Its all been CPM2A family processors so far but the CPM1H looks intriguing. I'm sure that I'll have a few questions to ask the real gurus.

The one thing I'm still trying to figure out is the 6,000 count resolution analog. 6,000 counts seems to be a strange number, it doesn't fit BCD and it doesn't fit binary. IIRC I posted a question about it a while back.

edit: yea, here it is, it degenerated into a comparrison of the wines of OZ. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=21928 🍻

Last edited:
Alaric said:

You will choose a TC address for your timer. TC addresses run from 000 thru 127 in CPM1 processors, 000 thru 255 in CPM2 processors, and 000 thru 511 in CQM processors.

Don't forget 0 through 4095 for CS and CJ series (and the CP1H :nodi: )!

Its all been CPM2A family processors so far but the CPM1H looks intriguing.

The CP1H for smaller jobs is the way to go, has the instruction set of the larger models ( CJ / CS ), and also on board analogue available.

Don't forget 0 through 4095 for CS and CJ series (and the CP1H :nodi:

Where did you get this for the CP1H paulus? The CPIH that I am using has the option 0-6000 / 0-12000 AD /DA resolution.

I think Paulos was refering to 0-4095 for TC address words in the CPM1H rather than the analog resolution. Don't know for sure though, I'm not very familiar with the CMP1H - though it appears to be an extreemly well endowed brick.

Alaric said:
I think Paulos was refering to 0-4095 for TC address words in the CPM1H rather than the analog resolution. Don't know for sure though, I'm not very familiar with the CMP1H - though it appears to be an extreemly well endowed brick.
Quite right Alaric, it was the Timers and Counters that I was referring to. (y)
And yes, it is extremely well endowed (including USB connectivity!).

Alaric

The 6000 bit resolution was strange for me too.
The MAD01 was so poor 256 bit they come out with this revelatory 1/6000.
At the first time I was sure its mistake.