TI 505 Basic Module Comm Errors

Rayramsey2000

I have been tasked with redoing our communications to a 505 Basic Comm. module. I have most of it done, but have run into an issue that I can't get an answer to. The old communications to the module is written in Pascal so it's not much help. The code in the basic module has an error routine as below:

11400 REM ********** TIMEOUT ****************
11410 UNIT 2:: PRINT "E<0D>TIMEOUT<0D>";
14000 RST=1:: GOTO 2216
15000 UNIT 2:: PRINT "E<0D>",SYS[1],SYS[2],"<0D>";
15100 END

Any time I don't respond to the Basic module fast enough it goes wild and continously sends the error message above. Even if I do respond to the module after it gets here it continues sending the error message.
Two questions; if this program gets to the end of the code, does it just stop running, or does it restart automatically? Also is there any kind of interupt that can be send to get its attention? The reason I think this is beacuse the only way I can get it to stop is to plug the old Pascal system back into the port and it will go back to normal ops????

Please any help with this question would be appreaciated greatly