PC controller

kiegmann

I have two presses that use industrial PCs for control. The program looks like Siemens STL, but the addresses are not ocatal. They can be, for instance, M0.0 to M0.15, etc. The files have the .SRC extension and I can look at them with a text editor. Anyone know whose these are and what is used to program them?

Thanks
Michael

Can you not open the control cabinet doors and take a look at what plc's are in there ?

One PLC That use the Mx.x notation is Klocker Moeller.

Dave, I replaced a faulty PC with a new one from the OEM so I have seen the IO cards. They only have the OEM logo on them so no help there. Even the PC itself has no markings. The program on the HDD is a DOS executable with a bunch of FB##.SRC and other .DAT and .STR files. Note that this is a PC not a PLC.

Thanks again
Mike

Here's a sample of what a .SRC file looks like
;---------------------------------
; FB0
;---------------------------------
START:
LD M 6.3
UN M 7.13
ON E 3.7
U E 3.2
U E 4.10
U E 5.12
UN M 0.3
UN A 0.11
U M 0.2
O(
LD M 1.0 ; START MC. AD IMPULSI 30-7-97
UN A 0.12
)O
= A 2.11; ALLARME START MACCHINA
; ~ Machine start horn
;
LD A 2.11
U M 61.12
= A 2.12 ; LAMPEGGIATORE START MACCHINA
;
LD A 2.11
L KT 200
SE T 0
LD T 0
= M 0.0
;
LN E 3.4
ON E 4.10
ON E 5.12
O M 0.1
UN M 5.6
UN M 0.3
U A 0.11
= M 0.1; MARKER STOP IN FASE
; ~ Timing stop marker
;

kiegmann said:
Dave, I replaced a faulty PC with a new one from the OEM so I have seen the IO cards. They only have the OEM logo on them so no help there. Even the PC itself has no markings. The program on the HDD is a DOS executable with a bunch of FB##.SRC and other .DAT and .STR files. Note that this is a PC not a PLC.

Thanks again
Mike

Oops - my mistake!

So if you can view it in note pad...can you edit it?, see if you can find the file on the hard drive, edit it, then replace the file...I had to do that before, but it was just for text editing

That does look a lot like Siemens STL

How much did you have to pay for the PC? with a system like this they can charge what they want...unless you replace it, what kind of presses? what do they press?

geniusintraining said:
So if you can view it in note pad...can you edit it?, see if you can find the file on the hard drive, edit it, then replace the file...I had to do that before, but it was just for text editing

That does look a lot like Siemens STL

How much did you have to pay for the PC? with a system like this they can charge what they want...unless you replace it, what kind of presses? what do they press?

I havent tried that and I dont know if it will compile. Dont know that I would do that, even for s@#& and giggles.

The PC was about six grand (what a ripoff). Looked at doing it myself, but didnt have time to find a PC with a big enough chassis to hold the cards (they're huge). Found some later, but oh well...

The press is actually a silk screen printing press for flexible tubes.

I have been decyphering the program, and want to speed up the process of assigning tags. i can do it with search - cut and paste, but what a drag. Tried to do it in INAT S5/S7, but it doesnt like the 16 bit addresses (bummer).

Look around here http://www.dataaccess.com/home.asp?pageid=700 they own .SRC extention, you may find something that you can use to edit it...(getting lucky), but it looks like they built a database from your OEM

kiegmann said:
Dont know that I would do that, even for s@#& and giggles.

Come on it be fun...let me know how it worked...or if it ever did again :D

ya, some times they don't have much of a sense of humor when the machines won't run...

So the 'U' must be like 'and'...where was it made? looking at the descriptors "LAMPEGGIATORE START MACCHINA" a little like Spanish

Italian OEM.
Looked at ur link, but that doesnt seem to be it. Schneider also uses extension, but I didnt see any PCs. Keep looking I guess

Last edited: