Using serial ports with RSView32

Erik vdH

Hi

I have an RSView32 program which was writing data to some remote screen using the PCs serial ports.

It was done in VBA using using a Windows 98 computer.

code was ..

FileNumber = FreeFile()
Open "COM1" For Output As FileNumber

Print #FileNumber, Chr(0); Chr(Lines); Chr(Address); sCom; Chr(CheckSum)
'Print #FileNumber, Chr(0); Chr(13); Chr(10)

Close FileNumber

This seems simple and I think the comm port setting were whatever were being used in the control panel.

I would now like to do the same using RSView32 running on WinXP. I think the way serial ports are handled has changed a lot. From my reading on the INet I might have to use MSCOMM32.ocx activeX control. I'm a bit at sea, can anyone help?

Similar Topics

I have wasted a week trying to figure out how to connect an SLC5/03 with my laptop. I do not have and can not Buy the 1747 UIC and PC3 cables. I...
Replies
Views
Is it possible converting Omron and Keyence plc's serial communication into Ethernet using serial to RJ45 converter? I need to connect these plcs...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , How easy is it to setup and communicate with a AB MicroLogix with a C-More EA-3 HMI ( Serial ) ? Thanks for your help and...
Replies
Views
Dear experts, I can't connect to Siemens s7 200, I have Siemens ppi cable but I don't have serial port on my pc so I used serial to usb converter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project using a panel view plus 1000 communicating using kepware over Modbus RTU serial. Initially I was getting a com1 OS 12 error...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom