compactLogix PLC & Magelis XBT P

wce4

Is it possible to program Magelis XBT P022010 HMI to be used with
a compactLogix PLC ? I am using V4.48 XBT-L1000 to program the HMI with the protocol ABDF1 and having no luck. Also tried AB DH5 protocal and no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
WCE4

I have never used this HMI but you say it will do DF1 protocol. Before we get into baud rates, cabling and such, are you sure it can handle the Compactlogix symbolic tags? You might try mapping a SLC/PLC tag and addressing them that way from the HMI. If that doesn't work then we will look at your configuration and physical media

TWControls said:
I have never used this HMI but you say it will do DF1 protocol. Before we get into baud rates, cabling and such, are you sure it can handle the Compactlogix symbolic tags? You might try mapping a SLC/PLC tag and addressing them that way from the HMI. If that doesn't work then we will look at your configuration and physical media
I have Tried Maping the tags in RSLOgix 5000 it looks like this

_______Map PLC/SLC Messages________

PLC 3,5 / SLC Maping

File Nummber 11 Tag Name Test 1

_____________XBT_L1000 Feild _______________

Associated Variable

File No (f): 11 i: 0
Nf:i

Equipment MASTER

Format

Object: Word
Type: Decimal

Not Woking yet time is runing out
Thank You for your Reply

Last edited:
Ok, also looks like it should work with Compactlogix. Do you have a like to the Magelis operating manual. I'm having a little trouble finding it. What is your communications setup on the Magelis and Compactlogix. What cable you using?

TWControls said:
Ok, also looks like it should work with Compactlogix. Do you have a like to the Magelis operating manual. I'm having a little trouble finding it. What is your communications setup on the Magelis and Compactlogix. What cable you using?
Communications setup on the Magelis when set to (AB DF1) Com. light does not flash. But when protocol is set to (AB DH485) com. light flashes but when I tried to send a variable to write to the PLC the HMI after a few seconds responds with impossible to write variable in PLC.Magelis operating manual can be found at http://ecatalog.squared.com/techlib/browse.cfm?hid=0b008926800cd2ab

Thank You

The Answer to my Question is yes but you have to set the Magelis HMI
protocol to PLC-5 not SLC-500 Thank you TWControls for trying to help me
WCE4

hello guys
I`m using the XBT-L1000 software but this do not have the protocol of AB.

Do you know where can I download the protocols for AB (DF1 DH-485)?

help pls