Help with TI 530T

Tom sem Jerry

Please Help me,

we received some old machines with TI 530T, but we dont have the software, :( :( actualy we even know the name of it (software) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The machine is not working and we need to make it work, so does any one of you know the name of the software for this PLC??? where can i find it?

maybe if you know about a free version it would be very helpful, if not where can i buy it?

I'm new here, so thanks in advance for you help.

I do not know of a free version, there are companies still selling it. It may be cheaper than the windows version but I am not sure. A search for TISoft on the web finds some companies selling it, Siemens may even offer it but I am not positive on that.

If you have several machines using these 530 models then its to your benefit to do one of 2 things:
1. Purchase the software from Siemens that allows access.
2. Look at upgrading the units to another model or brand that you may have the software for. This may require hiring an outside source to make the conversion. That cost may be comparable to purchasing the software.

A 3rd option...I assume these machines were working at one time therefore the odds are that the plc and program are working and good. There may be an input or output bad but that can be determined with a little effort.

I jokingly state dont take away the pretty little lights but in all reality they are a good troubleshooting tool (along with meters etc). There are a few things you can do without the software to understand the machine.
1. Check all fuses/disconnect/power supplies to make sure all voltages are present and operational.
2. Any devices like switches or relays/contactors not connected to the plc test for operation...
IE test all the ESTOP or non PLC circuitry to validate.
3. Disconnect any OUTPUT power but leave INPUTs connected..usually you can remove power connections from the output cards to disable them.
4. Manually activate any input switches/sensors and check the lights on the plc to determine the input. Use a meter also to verify input switch/sensor is working and check that plc light is coming on..this is not 100% but its probably 90% accurate to determine the plc is seeing the input. Doing this allows you to KNOW the input devices are working. It also allows you to KNOW what input goes to what address.
5. Manually test each output device individually by removing the output wire then manually connecting it to its source voltage. This allows you to know WHAT output is working and ON what address.

This is a time consuming process that is part of reverse engineering, even if you obtained the software you would have to do this to learn what input and output is on what address. Without the original program there probably will not be any documentation to show you this. You would have to fill in the blanks and create your own documentation.

If you follow the above steps you may find a device that has failed and will allow the machine to operate once replaced. If you find all devices, input and output, are working then you may have to verify things like the plc is in run mode and does work which may require the software.

Obtain the manual(s) for the plc involved and after doing all the above you will be way ahead of the game when/if you do obtain the software...if its needed.

Last edited:
yes... i was thinking to do this. (reverse enginnering)

sooner or later i will retrofit those machines, so buy a software will be a waste of money.

But my Boss is on my foot to make them work as soon as i can, the need to produce.

the machines came from other plant (england) without ladder or drawing, i am trapped.

i´m trying to find information, but infortunetly without sucess.

perhaps i should contact siemens to buy it, i dont know the problem is the deadline.
:( :( :(

once i talked to siemens and they told me that this model of PLC doesnt exit in Brazil, no one have it here.

well i really really apreciate your help, thank you.