3 MCM modules

jolio ST

Hi Guys I have a project that has an existing 2 MCM 1747 modules on a SLC 5/04 PLC. I have no idea why they put in 2 MCM modules, they only need somebody to do the programming. Now they want to add in one more MCM module. I have never done configurations and programming using more than one MCM module before for AB, so I was wondering if anyone has the experience here, care to share with me?? Thank you very much!🍻
And Happy Halloween!

regards
Sherine T.

I have never did any with the 3150 just the new ones the MV's. They might be the same. What do you actually need help with?

MCM modules

check the prosoft site, there is user manual and the manual contains example follow the example and change data tables as you required. You may use block transfer to exchange data betwn. the MCM and SLC.

Thank you for your time, Hit and Tec.
I had done programming over one 3150 Module in one CPU. but Now I have three such modules running under the same CPU. I need to understand how much difference it is with programming on one module and with three modules.
the manuals usually just states the example when using only one module.
o_O

jolio ST said:
Thank you for your time, Hit and Tec.
I had done programming over one 3150 Module in one CPU. but Now I have three such modules running under the same CPU. I need to understand how much difference it is with programming on one module and with three modules.
the manuals usually just states the example when using only one module.
o_O
I have 2 MVI46 modules in a rack and the only difference is when I copy my M files I just changed the slot number. Everything else I have setup the same. Hope that helps.

Hi Hitpoints

I will try that out~ Thank you for the tip. if it is just changing the slot number and and M numbers, it should be able to work, Then I think it would be a lot faster to complete my job!:D

thank you!

-Sherine