Micrologics 1100 High Speed Counter (HSC)

46swimmer

I am trying to setup the ladder logic to use the HSC to monitor a 3.5kHz frequency. My problem is that I have no idea on how to set it up. I have tried to read the AB literature but it is not really helping. I have a Micro-Logics 1100 and all appropriate software. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Or just a place to start.
Thanks
Josh

I haven't used an 1100 but heres a Quick start with the HSC for a 1200 and 1500 which is quite probably close to the 1100.

I have a sample of a Micrologix 1200 HERE. The 1100 is the same, just switch the processor type in RsLogix 500 and it should download and work fine

I copied the rungs of logic you had in your file but still no joy. It did not give the the error that I usually got but the acc. value does not change. I know that the freq. is there because I hooked up a scope and have a 3.3kHz signal at the input. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Go ahead and post the program you are trying to get to work... The odd's are good that someone here can point you in the right direction.

Don't copy the rungs in the program, that will do no good. Like I said earlier you need to switch the processor type in the program. Goto Controller Properties and change the processor to your 1100. Just tested it, it works fine.

Or if you already have a program with alot of logic and don't feel like rewriting, make sure ladder 7 is blank, goto function files and copy the values on the HSC tab to your file. If ladder 7 is used, change it to a routine that is not used