Panel Builder 32

gorillaz_sg

Hi friends

My Panel View 300 Micro got Analog Value but the decimal points are flickering...Anybody got idea about the problem?

My tag definition for decimal point is fixed point 2. Data type is IEEE Float/Real.

Thanks in advance.

You do realize if it updates fast the decimal value will change? I have no idea, nor will others, what value the PV is obtaining. If the value is from any source that may change per scan it will be reflected on the PV.

gorillaz_sg said:
Thanks rsdoran

My PV is 88.78 something but 0.78 is flickering although updating rate is 1.

One what?

What are you updating that uses a floating point and how often? If one second then it will "flicker" if there is a value change in that period.

Offer details or upload your plc and pv files for all to see.

I think it is just seeing minute changes in the floating point file i.e. .78 is 78/100ths; therefore if the values change minutely the 100ths value will.

Hello gorillaz;

Try this: set your analog value display to 1 digit after decimal (so the .78 shows as .8); if this doen not flicker anymore it means that it is your PLC analog value that is changing rapidly, possibly your transducer is reading a fluctuationg signal from the field.
In that case I would filter the PLC reading, using a timer or averaging the signal over time.
Jope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks alot for all ur reply.

Actually my program works in Panel Builder 32 v3.81 but i need to change it back to Panel Builder 32 v3.7 that mean down-grade. Cos of some reason i need to do that. I just follow every thing same and I just feel very lost cos every setting is the same.

One mean the analog value changing rate.

The existing program now works in customer side so I cann change it to one decimal point.

To all experts

I m wondering is it bcos of the different file extension??? Now my program(flickering) is .PBA that mean panelbuilder32 whereas the one which is working is .PVA (panelview terminal).

What is the difference between .PBA and .PVA???

Thanks in advance

PVA is the compiled version of PVB. PVA is created when you download to a panelview.

Actually, you can convert a PVA to a PVB as well as the other way around.

The onluy thing I can think of that might cause something like what your seeing is that the update time might have changed from one version to the next. Perhaps it updates faster in the newer version and overwrites more offten. Or perhaps its like a digital TV where the earlier version updates pixels only when they change and the newer version re-writes them every scan. Something like that anyway.
LEt me know if you find out though its an interesting problem./

But the problem is the problem code is not newer version. It's the older version. Anyway thanks alot to everybody. I ll update u all after I found out the problem thanks again.