Downloading Error CPU314C-2DP

jaichains

Hi,

I am using a siemens CPU314-2DP, Downloading my program from my laptop using a simatic PC Adapter USB to MPI port on the CPU.

I am encountering an error which says "No Other Active Partners can be found".

Is the MPI port faulty?

More likely an incorrect setting in Set PG/PC Interface, have you installed the PC Adaptor in Install/Remove interfaces? If so have you selected it for use?

Hello,

the USB to MPI Adapter from Siemens, gets his Powersupply (24V) from the MPI connection at the PLC (MPI is mostly the right connector on the PLC).
The MPI connector brings these 24V Supply, but not the
Profibus connector. May be the adapter was connected to the
wrong port.
Also some CPU`s didnt work with these adapter, specially the
CPU 41x-2 PCI SLOT-PLC (for use inside PC´s) these PLC didnt
bring these 24V.

I hope this will help you a little bit forward.

Greetings

spencer977 said:
The MPI connector brings these 24V Supply, but not the Profibus connector. May be the adapter was connected to the
wrong port.
Are you sure about this. I always thought that there was 24V in both MPI and Profibus ports on the CPUs. You may be right, I have never thought about this. But then it is strange that the PC adapter can be used for Profibus as well as MPI.

Anyway, jaichains stated that he connected to the CPU via MPI, so that cannot be the problem.

What is the status of the LEDs on the adapter ?
Try to change the baudrate.

O.K. you are right

I have read the following teach description from Siemens:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=USB+Adapter&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=&nodeid99=

So it must be working to connect also to the profibus/dp network:

taken from www.ad.siemens.de:
Possible connections

The PC adapter can be connected to all S7-300, S7-400 PLCs and the IM 151-7 CPU of ET 200S. The WinAC Slot CPUs are exceptions, because they provide no 24V supply

So I`a m wrong... sorry. Only Slot-CPU doesn`t have these 24V.

Look at the MPI adapter and make sure the power and MPI light is on. Only CPUs and repeaters have power for the adapter. I hope you are not trying to connect at a HMI panel. In you "PC/PG" settings, set your pull down selection for STEP 7 and then in the bottom window, select "PC Adapter (AUTO). Go to "Proerties" and then "Start Network Detection". this way you will find what baud rate the port is configured.