SLC503 & 1761-NET-ENI & CITECT & RSLogix500

Philg

I would like to know if anyone can confirm that the following will work.

CURRENT SETUP:
An SLC503 DH485 port is connected to a 1761-KE module (the KE module converts the DH485 to RS232). The RS232 Port on the SLC503 is configured for DH+ connected to a HMI.

REQUIREMENT:
What I need to do is provide a solution enabling Citect and RSLogix500 (which are both installed on the same PC) to communicate to the PLC at the same time. (ie. Go online to SLC503 without dropping out the Citect Connection).

PROPOSED SOLUTION:
What I want to know is....

If I connect a 1761-NET-ENI (RS232 to Ethernet converter) to the 1761-KE module, will I be able to go online with both Citect and RSLogix500 at the same time???

(Note: I know that if I upgrade to an SLC505 I get an ethernet port and can meet my requirements but costs mean that this isn't a solution)

I agree, it's probably simplest to run RSLinx OEM or OEM Single Node that can serve data to Citect via OPC, and also provide ordinary RSLinx services to RSLogix 500. The one DF1 driver in RSLinx can do both at the same time through the same port.

Adding yet another network conversion from EtherNet/IP to DF1 in the 1761-NET-ENI would make the throughput of this connection very slow.

The 1761-NET-ENI is made to be connected directly to controllers through it's serial port; it's only coincidence and not design that you can access just one DH485 node through the 1747-KE connected to a Net-ENI.