Logicmaster 9.02 and IC693CMM321 compatabilty

Simmo_in_Oz

I have an application where I need to interface Schneider Premium PLCs to a GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC using Modbus TCP over Ethernet. The customer will perform all PLC programming in the GE Fanuc PLC.

The proposal is to install a IC693CMM321 card in the GE Fanuc chassis. According to the customer the CPU is a 341 and they are using Logicmaster Version 9.02. The problem is that the customer has raised concerns whether they are able to program the IC693CMM321 module with their software. From all the literature I read I believe it is possible. However does anyone know different or are there any other issues that I have overlooked?

I believe that the minimum requirements are as follows

a) The CPU must be version 6.50 or higher
b) the PLC Power Supply must be either of the following IC693PWR321 (Rev K or higher), IC693PWR322 or IC693PWR330.
c) the software should be either Logic Developer (all versions), Control Version 2.01 or higher, VersaPro 1.0 or higher or LogicMaster 90-30 6.01 or higher.

and the customer has confirmed that they have the following

a) 7.00 (7A3)
b) IC693PWR324.
c) We are using logicmaster Ver 9.02

Thanks in advance

Steve

SimmoI don't think the programming software matters all that much. I did a IC693CMM321 talking Modbus Tcp/Enet to some Altivar drives using a borrowed(from the distributor I was subbing for.Not stolen)copy of Cimplicity(sorry don't remember the version) and I was able to uplaoed the program with VersaPro. There isn't anything special about using it. It is pretty much a lot of block moves.

Regards
Scalelar

If you can find the CMM321 module in the list of communications modules in Logicmaster configuration, then it's a pretty good bet that the Logicmaster version supports the module. Beyond that, as Scalelar points out, the programming involves standard ladder logic functions.

What is a IC693PWR324?

Hi and thanks for the responses.

Sounds like I shall be OK however just to be sure does anyone know where I can download a (demo or trial) version of Logicmaster 9.02 so I can set up a simulation at our works?

For your information Steve the IC693PWR324 is an Alstom Alspa C80-35 standard power supply. The host PLC is belived to be a Cegelec Alspa C80-35 which is I am led to believe a badged GE Fanuc 90-30. As they are using Logicmaster software I have no reason to doubt this.

Cheers

Steve

LM90 is on the VersaPro CD, or you can have your customer email a copy of theirs to you.

Thanks everyone,

I managed to get a copy of Logicmaster 9.02 from the VersaPro CD and have loaded it onto a Windows 98 machine. It does however lockup (just sits there saying 'Busy') when I try to access either the I/O or CPU configurations so I cannot check if the CMM321 module is selectable.

I believe the COMREQ block should be used for the messaging however I cannot see where these are in the instruction set.

For your information, because of the customer's internal procedures and rules they can only use software that has been approved and reviewed by their own review approval process - in a nutshell we can only use version 9.02 nothing else.

Cheers

Steve

The release notes for Logicmaster v9.02, GFK-0468AA describes your problem with the configuration software hanging. The root cause is that you don't have enough DOS conventional memory available. You can free up additional conventional memory by forcing Logicamster to load the serial port driver into EMS memory.
1. From the first Logicmaster screen (where you select between programming or configuration), select F9 (Setup).
2. Then select F4 (PLC Communication Options)
3. Select EMS for the "Driver Memory Area"

Thanks for everyones responses so far
Steve - I have changed the setting to EMS and it still sits there saying 'Busy'.

Is anyone able to check if they can see the CMM321 or the COMREQ modules?

Steve

From GFK-1541b, TCP/IP Ethernet Communications for the Series 90 PLC User's Manual, Page 2-6.

The CMM321 requires CPU firmware 6.50 or higher.

The CMM321 requires Logicmaster 6.01 or higher.

The root cause of the configuration hanging is insufficient DOS conventional memory. Check the config.sys file to see what else could be using conventional memory. You need 564K conventional memory free. You could also try restarting your computer in DOS mode.

Cheers Steve

Had a look in the autoexec.bat and rem'ed (spelling?) out anything that didn't need to be loaded. Works fine now.

I can see the CMM321 module in the I/O configuration however the PSU model number the customer has said they have is not listed - I will go back to them to check. I also need to check the CPU just to confirm.

I found the COMMREQ comand too, eventually!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me

Steve