AC Voltages for China

tspisak

I'm quoting a project that is going to be installed in China and I would like to put in an AC outlet to be used for a maintenence programming PC (either inside the panel or in a programming port on the outside). I'm going to have 380vac 50Hz for my primary voltage what is normal voltage for PCs and what recepticle should I use.

The single phase voltage for Mainland China is 220V/50Hz. Most PC's are switchable from 110/200, either with a switch or automatic.
I assume you want to provide a plug for a PC built in China. Interpower Corporation (formerly Panel Components) is the best for export plugs and info. Buy your recepticle from them to make sure it meets China standards. Link.

For international voltages, most websites only discuss single phase. Go here to download Voltages of the World. I use it frequently.
Voltages of the World shows China as having the Australian style plug. This is close but there is slight differences. The Interpower link above describes the differences.
(Written from my hotel in Guiyang, China)

Last edited: