Viewing program in S5-90U

burnerman

We are upgrading some old equipment for our client, part of which is a machine controlled by a S5-90U plc and a bunch of relays & timers. We have to modify the way the machine works and add some interlocks from other machines in the process.

As is usual with these sort of projects: no drawings, no programming equipment, no plc program printout, etc. etc. Therefore we need to reverse engineer the old system.

Can anyone advise what's the cheapest/easiest way to view the current program (software/lead or HHT)? - we don't need to make any modifications to the original as we'll be throwing the S5 & relays out and replacing with a new PLC.

burnerman said:
Thanks GIT for the link, hopefully 10 minute demo will be long enough to get info I need....

You can just restart the software and get another 10mins

burnerman said:
Any clues for the cable?

this is the cable, you may find someone in your area that will lend you one, I buy them from tt, you can get them from Siemens also

http://www.ttintl.com/english/connect.html