Still Have Command Errors on SLC500

bmm251

We are still having troubles with operating a stepper motor. The problems in particular that we are experiencing are Command Errors. The follow are some steps that we taken by us in order to get program to work.

1.We configured the Stepper Controller Module (1746-HSTP1) for a CCW limit switch, a home limit switch, and a pulse/direction stepper function.
2.Once Configured,we placed the program in the RUN mode then switched the appropriate bit from Configure to Command Mode (O:3.0/15)(We are using rack 3 for our module).
3.Once in command mode, we experienced an Invalid Position error (O:3.0/10).
4.Since our project was in the home positon to begin with, we used the reset position flag to reset the invalid position error.

From here is where we start to get some command errors. We start to program the PLC to get the stepper motor just to function. We set the stepper position to 10,000 pulses (O:3.2 set to 10 in decimal format), the velocity for 400 Pulses/sec (O:3.5 set to 400in decimal format), and the acceleration /deceleration to 10 Pulses/msec/sec (O:3.6 and O:3.7 to 10 in decimal).

5.We pressed a start button and set the relative move bit to the TRUE state (O:3.0/1) to make the stepper motor to do something. We received Command errors with this simple setup and our position and acceleration/deceleration data erased.

If someone out there can help me out with my programming I would appreciate it. Maybe my way of thinking is messed up.

Thanks,
Brian

It looks like there is another active bit in the O:3.0 at the moment of giving O:3.0/1 command.
Try to reset any non-jog motion command as soon as the motion starts, or activate them by OSR.
It's also a good point of technique to put "EQU O:3.0 0" as a condition for any command bit activation.

Last edited: