Dopey Directsoft Question

missionav

I may be dense, but I can't figure out how to copy and paste between projects. Direct soft only seems to allow one project to be open at a time, and I cant get it hold what I've copied in memory as I open a new/old project.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Dan,

I don't know how you are doing it...but it worked for me

Use DSLaunch to open the second project, then press and hold the shift and use the arrow keys to hi-light the rungs

You don't even need to use DirectSoft Launch - I never do. Just open a 2nd session of DirectSoft and load the program. (I usually leave the second session in 3-D icons and the first in normal black on white. That way when I Alt-Tab between sessions I don't go the wrong way.)

When you copy from the second and paste into the first you are offered options about whether or not to paste the documentation (nicknames etc.) as well as the logic. If you are clever this can minimize the editing of nicknames. Similarly, I believe you can copy and paste from the documentation editor tabulated display (Ctrl-D) to minimize typing.