How to make Co2 mix with water below 0celcius?

Platootod

Dear All,
From the picture below ,My student project using PLC Mitsubishi Fx
to control Ice Soda making machine.
The problem is not PLC's program, but come with Co2..
Do you have any idia.. ..How to make Co2 (Carbondioxide)mix with Water at temperature below 0 Celcius?

Thank you Very Much.

:D platootod

Hi Platootod,
I think that you will find that it is a function of the pressure in the system...I used to maintain a ice bath soda water test system for testing PET bottles, and in order to get enough pressure inside the bottles after filling them and putting on the caps by hand, I would need to maintain about 200psi out of the carbonator h2o pump. This made me maintain about 210+psi on the co2 regulator,with a temp of about 31.5 deg F. at the nozzle of the filler. With this setup, I could get consistant internal bottle pressures of 4Xatmos. when the soda water warmed up. Now the standard way to do this is to dispense a drop or two of liquid nitrogen into a filled bottle just before the cap is put on, so that head space in the bottle is filled with nitrogen...same psi is obtained, but without all the bother of maintaining an ice bath carbonator, which is a pain in the butt.
Hope this helps a bit....
David