Communication Problems PV 1000e

VRBASGRAD

I am having a problem communicating with my PV Allen Bradley 1000e thru my RS Linx. I am using serial connection and my set up looks like this Device Name AB_DF1-1 Comm. Port Com1 SLC-CHO/MICRO/PANELVIEW Baud Rate 19200 Station 02 Parity None Error Checking CRC Stop Bits 1 Protocol Full Duplex. My cable is OK I tested on PV 550 and it is fine, it keeps telling me check the cable and change your settings’ PV is set up same baud rate 19200 parity none error message CRC

Any Ideas

VRBASGRAD said:
I am having a problem communicating with my PV Allen Bradley 1000e thru my RS Linx. I am using serial connection and my set up looks like this Device Name AB_DF1-1 Comm. Port Com1 SLC-CHO/MICRO/PANELVIEW Baud Rate 19200 Station 02 Parity None Error Checking CRC Stop Bits 1 Protocol Full Duplex. My cable is OK I tested on PV 550 and it is fine, it keeps telling me check the cable and change your settings’ PV is set up same baud rate 19200 parity none error message CRC

Any Ideas

Are you using the PanelView e Transfer Utility 32?

Ian

I am using SERIAL PORT now to communicate with PV 1000e but nothing still no communication; this is all done thru RS Linx version 2.1.Is there anything special I have to do with Panel View?

Thx

Try using the AIC-PIC driver with the cable that connects the plc to the PV (connect this cable between your pc RS232 port and the PV COM port). Close the DF! driver in RSLinx and open/start the AIC/PIC driver using the same comm setup you are using with the DF1 driver. Click on the PIC-AIC driver in RSLInx to see who is connected and you should see the PV1000 show up.