OT but applicable - Practice your way to greatness

I have seen some that would still be hopeless after the 10,000 hours practice and others that are quite good after 100 hours practice!

But the question is, were they deliberately practicing or were they just trying to do the minimum work so they could collect the paycheck/grade or whatever and go home?
Work would be to set up a PID block.
Deliberate practice would be to make sure you knew what each of the inputs and outputs of that PID block did, including what happens when you deliberately set it up wrong. Unfortunately, this takes time.
I wonder how many hours of good practice we really have had?

I wonder how many hours of good practice we really have had?

Plenty, writing cheats on generator jobs because the mechanical contractor did not put half the things on the diesel engine that should have been there.
Had to make alarms work no matter what more times than I can remember.

Always still the worst in the world because I held them up writing cheats to cover their bad design and workmanship.
But the question is, were they deliberately practicing or were they just trying to do the minimum work so they could collect the paycheck/grade or whatever and go home?

Seen plenty do that - found in all companies and endeavours unfortunately.