Problems finding tags in Wonderwear

allscott

I am using Intouch version 9.0 and am having a problem accessing the tags in an existing application.

When I open the tagname dictionary I only see about 40 tags with the filter turned off, I think the application has about 600 tags. If I open an object and look at the tag that way, the next time I open the tagname dictionary that particular tag is in the list.

I believe that this application was created in an older version of Wonderwear, could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance, Wonderwear is not my strong suit.

When openining an older application, Intouch will ask for confirmation to convert to 9.0, otherwise it will not open.

When you said you open an object and look at the tag,

Is there a prefix (i?:, d?: m?: or Nodename: ) before the tag? If this is the case it is just a placeholder or a reference to a tag at another node and will not show up in your tag dictionary.

Also did you double click on the object's tag to bring up the tagname dictionary window? If you did and then pressing the close button would create a new tag and so it will show up in the dictionary.

Do a DB dump and you should see all the tags that's in the application.

allscott said:
Thanks in advance, Wonderwear is not my strong suit.

Yes I can see that. Wonderwear sounds like something a kid might wear, Wonderware is an SCADA\HMI company. ;)

Could they be SuperTags. All SuperTag elements are displayed in one window, there is a dropdown arrow that you use to access the other elements of the SuperTag. The SuperTag syntax is – InstanceName\Member\Submember. For instance I could have a tag RawPump\Alarm\Fail2Start, this is one tag that is a member of the RawPump SuperTag.

Thanks, the tags I was seeing were just placeholders at another node. I am spending time studying the project structure for these applications to try and learn what is where.

No wonder when I google "wonderwear" the links I get are interesting but not related to controls.;)