S7-300 ethernet communication

tny

hi. we have system containing 4 plcs connected to network with CP modules. with a computer on this network, i can get online or modificate programs but i can not upload them to the computer. is it normal?

thanks, you are the man i was waiting for an answer :)

i can see the accessable nodes but i can not see the configurations or the codes in them. i can only see the system data folder in the blocks folder. i attached the snapshot of my screen, how can i upload the stations?

I am a little bit handicapped in trying to help you. This because I normally use the CPUs with the integrated ethernet ports.

Are you attempting to load the project into STEP7 without anything loaded allready ?
I am thinking that possibly you can only see the CP343-1 modules and their configuration data with "accessible nodes". STEP7 dont know where to find the CPU, even though we all know that it is in rack 0 slot 2 in the same rack as the CP343-1.
Normally, when you have an open project, STEP7 takes the information in the HW Config to figure out how to find the CPU that you want to access.

Try the following:
Open an old backup with the correct HW config, or replicate the HW config in a new project. Make sure that the CPU type, CP type and IP address is correct. Save to a new name. Be sure to save with compile. Then use the function "PLC" .. "Upload Station to PG".

first i uploaded the four plcs via mpi with my PG in the same project and then i copied it to the other computer that is connected the plcs via ethernet. so i can get online with the downloaded blocks.
when i try to upload stations from this project, i can see the plcs by clicking the view button but i can not upload them. here is the error below.

I assume that you are trying to upload from the accessible nodes window.

In stead, select the CPU in question in Simatic Manager and use the function "PLC" .. "Upload Station to PG".
If you have a correct HW config, then STEP7 will know how to "find" the selected CPU.

In the same way, you should be able to select the CPU in Simatic Manager, and then hit the "online" button to see the same project online.

edit:
so i can get online with the downloaded blocks.
I think you have allready come to this step. You can see all the blocks online. Another way to upload all blocks is to have the offline and online windows open at the same time, and then simply copy-and-paste between them.

edit again:
Scratch the above. I read "so I can get onlie" as that you have succeeded with going online with individual blocks allready.

Last edited:
this is the way i am trying. i am starting to think the stations are not downloadable via CPs in a new project. i think, if we want to create a new project and download the stations in it, we have to download them directly from the ststions for the first time.am i right?
after the steps below, i get the error above.

tny.

In the same dialog where you specify which PLC to upload, you must tell which rack and slot you want to reach. Default is rack 0 slot 0. Change it to rack 0 slot 2 and I bet that it will work.

NB: Good that you took a screenshot, otherwise I could not have spotted it.

thanks! it works.
i could upload the configuration and program to my pc.
there is a little problem that is the the cp343-1 module seems as standart module in the uploaded configuration. but it dosen't matter 'cos i only want to change programs of the plcs.