Data types

netronio

i have a question about data types af PLC S7-300
i want to calculate some values and export them to WinCC (to plot a curve).
it has to be floating point numbers.
my variable in PLC is QD 10,so it is a double word.
but double words are not floating point numbers!!!

in general,
how can i manipulate floating point numbers in STL since i can't assign them to variables?

can i convert REAL data types to DOUBLE WORD?

I'm not familiar with WinCC but I guess you can set it up to read data from a data block. If you detail the one of the calculations you want to perform then an implementation will probably be forthcoming and you can then implement further calcs yourself.

Why not convert the double word inside the PLC to a read and store it to a data block or memory location that is defined as type real? Then you can graph the value in your data block.

L QD 10
DTR
T "Graph".RealData

If you need to manipulate the data, there are floating point math instructions available in STL.

It will be interesting to see why netronio is using Q10.0 through to Q13.7 (i.e. QD10) as the source of the data and what this represents.