mpam-mpam

mpam-mpam

Hello again.I am back with my diploma thesis after more than a month and i know now how some things work.
I have a Siemens S7-300 PLC with
-CPU->314C-2DP
-FM->353
-CP->343-1 Lean
-Stepper Motor->2N P50 SIMOSTEP

My target is to control a stepper motor.
And of course my first task is to establish communication between the CPU and the FM.I've downloaded some blocks to my program but i have difficulties in the area of chanching the appropriate parameters.Can anyone help me please?
Thank you for reading...

Welcome to the real world <g>. This is pretty much what you are going to see for the rest of your career; industrial controls change regularly, so as soon as you have something down cold the new version will come out and you're learning again.

I don't use Siemens, but I'd suggest that you go to their web site, download the manuals for the PLC and FM modules, and start reading. Pay really close attention to how the data registers are used, and to any logic needed to load setpoints, change module modes from read/write to Run, and the like. It's not that bad... you just have to work through a few times.

you are trully right!!!

Thanks Paul T.,

I did as you said and i found some way to go i little bit further.I am tottaly new in this world and everything seems difficult!
I've managed to download the appropriate blocks in the CPU and to stop all the systems faults both in CP and the FM but i cain't even now establish the communication(The DIAG LED on the FM doesn't start).Anyway i am trying to work it out!
Thanks again for your help

Mpam-Mpam

Hello again,

In order to establish communication between the CPU and the FM i've downloaded all the necessary blocks but the LED "DIAG" on the FM still doesn't light and i can only work offline!Any help?

Hello mpam-mpam;

Have you parametrized the FM353? (from the manual FM353_e.pdf, Troubleshooting):

FM353_Diags.jpg

Have you downloaded the parametrization software package?http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/csfetch/12559629/FM353_54.exe?func=cslib.csFetch&nodeid=13039730

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Mpam

Hello again,

I've already done the parametrization and the the SF LED on the FM doesn't light anymore,so i am in the right direction.But on he manual there is no reference about such a situation.But i know it could be anything!
Thanks anyway!

Hello mpam-mpam;

Have you tried the startup interface in the parametriztion screens? Look at the chapter Starting up in the FM353_e.pdf, it shows how you can test your physical setup (without your user program, in CPU STOP mode) and your program (with your user program, in CPU RUN mode). This will also generate alarms and diagnostics so you can determine the source of your problems.
By the way, what power section have you connected between your FM353 and your stepper motor?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Back
Top Bottom