SCL Master-Slave

svoicum

Hi,

This is my first application with Siemens PLCs. In HW I have one ET200S with DP configured as master, and one ET200S configured as slave. The configured address for DP communication are :

hwmu5.jpg

dpslavebu8.jpg

I do intend to use just SCL for programming ! Can you help me with procedure to be able to see and use a slave analog input (word) on master?

Thanks and regards.

You should be done. When you set up the slave address in the HW config that is all you need. If the address for the analog input is at 500 then you would look at address PIW500 in the master. SCL/Ladder/STL all work the same.

CharlesM,

Thanks for your promt answer, but I still don't understand...
The analog input on slave is on PIW332. How do I refer on master PLC to PIW332 ?
I still get the err: Invalid data type (...correct, because PIW332 it's not on the master symbol table...)

You didn't mention this error in your first post - best to post the code you are having trouble with. I copy/paste it from the SCL editor into notepad and then copy/paste that into this forum.
Are you trying to assign PIW332 to an integer variable ? if so then the following code compiles.

Code:
FUNCTION_BLOCK FB9
VAR
iData:INT;
END_VAR
iData:=WORD_TO_INT(PIW332);
END_FUNCTION_BLOCK

Last edited: