Locale message display problem RSView Studio

mulderm

Hello,

I use RSView Studio ME and RSLogix5 to program a panelview 700 plus panel.
I will using 16-bits of a word N7:0 to control a Locale message display.
When example bit 0 (N7:0/0) is high message 1 will appear, bit 2 (N7:0/2) is high message 4 appear.
The problem is when both bits are high a message 5 will appear.
I want that first the lowest message bit appear (in this case bit 0) and when this bit is low the next bit who´s high (in this case bit 2) appear in the locale message display.
Who can help me?

Greetings,

mulderm

You need to write code in your PLC to use your address value.
You should also use FBC to compare a table against your faults, and use a timer to scroll the constant alarms as they arrive.
You need to write some simple logic like,
IF ALARM is true, then SET N10:0/1
If N10:0/1 is TRUE, MOVE a 1 into ADDRESS N7:0 (Your PV+ Word)
You have a lot of code to write to accomplish what you want.
Hope this was semi-helpful.

You should also use FBC to compare a table against your faults, and use a timer to scroll the constant alarms as they arrive.

If the display is for alarms, then the PV+ Alarm function will handle this easily just by linking the PLC register to the HMI. Typically, if Bit 0 and Bit 2 are both high, both alarm messages will be displayed. There is an LSB function for Alarm Setup so that only the Bit 0 message could be displayed as mulderm asked about. If these are not alarm messages, then the Multistate Indicator and List Indicator objects both work with LSB to display only the highest priority message, like Alan said.

Having said that... I gave up on the LSB because I found it harder to change messages in a list and in the PLC as programming continued. I found it a lot more convenient to just write a number and then use that in a list indicator or multistate indicator. If the PLC5 is already programmed and all you're doing is updating the HMI, then LSB is fine. If you're writing the PLC program too, then you might want to consider how much you may need to change things during debug or startup before setting the displays up as LSB.

But hey, what do I know... Frisians, eh!

Paul Tolsma <g>

Paul T,

I want to use a locale message display for the 16-bits (N7:0)
and now I have some more bits (N7:1).
I can use for each message a rung with a move instruction and
for a sequence order.
Example rung 1: when bit n7:0/15 is high then move 16 to N7:10
(message 16 in the Panelview).
rung 2: when bit N7:0/14 is high then move 15 to N7:10
and further....
So I get the lowest message number on the screen.
Problem: a lot of rungs I get in the program.
Is there a better way to program?

mulderm

You could write a small looping routine using JMP and LBL.

Rightshift(BSR) the bits in the word array you are testing, one at a time until the LSB = 1, each time it is not = 1 leftshift(BSL) a bit in a new word array (which initially has the LSB = 1, all other bits = 0) when the LSB in the tested word array =1 stop the routine and the new word array will have a unique 1 at the same position as the lowest on bit in the tested word.

Make sure you only run the routine if the tested word array is not = 0 otherwise the program will stick in the loop forever.

Sorry, I don't have RSLogix on this PC. Have a go yourself and post a pdf of your logic. I and others here, I'm sure, will try and help you with it.

mulderm, the way that you're doing it is very common, and I've done that for years. You get used to it I guess!

Check the PanelView+ List Indicator object and Multistate Indicator object Help files for "LSB." This will display the desired message directly, based on the bit state and nothing else. So, you don't have to program any rungs in the PLC for it.

Use the Multi-state indicator with a LSB trigger.

RS_sudio_LSB.JPG

No extra PLC code is required.

Wow,you are right.
I use the multi-state indicator with LSB-triggering and no
program-code is used.
Excellent!
Thanks for the help.

mulderm