Siemens PID self tuner

batyu

How does "Siemens PID self tuner" work?
I have never use self tuneing application, and its manual is a bit difficult to me. How can I link to "Standard PID FC with its instance DB" to "autotune FC". (It is a countinous PID: TUNE_CON_C, TUNE_EC)
Normaly I write an FC what call "The standard PID" with an instance DB and I link to the SetPoint, ProcessVariable, and ManipulateValue:
FC:
L PIW 228
T #pv_per

L SetPoint
T #SP_Ext

CALL "PID_CP" , db92
COM_RST :=
I_SEL :=
D_SEL :=
MAN_ON :=
CAS_ON :=
SELECT :=
CYCLE :=
CYCLE_P :=
SP_INT :=
SP_EXT :=#SP_Ext
PV_IN :=
PV_PER :=#pv_per
GAIN :=
TI :=
TD :=
TM_LAG :=
DISV :=
CAS :=
SP_HLM :=
SP_LLM :=
LMN_HLM :=
LMN_LLM :=
DB_NBR :=
SPFC_NBR:=
PVFC_NBR:=
LMNFCNBR:=
LMN :=
LMN_PER :=#lmn_per
SP :=
PV :=
QCAS :=
QC_ACT :=
QPOS_P :=
QNEG_P :=
MAN :=

L #lmn_per
T PQW 300
T MW 36

I'm also trying to use the PID self tuning software but not making much sence of the manual. I normally use FB41 for my PID control and just start with a gain of 1 and integral of 10 sec and then play about with thease figures looking at the graph using the PID assignment software untill I get some type of control and never even think about trying to use D.

batyu said:
How does "Siemens PID self tuner" work?
I have never use self tuneing application, and its manual is a bit difficult to me. How can I link to "Standard PID FC with its instance DB" to "autotune FC". (It is a countinous PID: TUNE_CON_C, TUNE_EC)
Normaly I write an FC what call "The standard PID" with an instance DB and I link to the SetPoint, ProcessVariable, and ManipulateValue:
FC:
L PIW 228
T #pv_per

L SetPoint
T #SP_Ext

CALL "PID_CP" , db92
COM_RST :=
I_SEL :=
D_SEL :=
MAN_ON :=
CAS_ON :=
SELECT :=