Maple HMI 550 - Unitronics 230

sapoleon

Hi again.
Here is the dilema:

We are using a Maple HMI550 display, with a Unitronics 230 PLC trough modbus/TCP. We configure the memory according to the unitronics, for long numbers, that is to say:

5101 + RN where RN is the ML register number.

for example, 5141 is ML40 in the PLC.

now, we write throu the panel, and we get the value without any problem. That is to say, if we enter a number we get it in ML40.
But the read of the number is out of phase.

what we have in ML40 we read it in 5141
what we have in ML42 we read it in 5145 (we write it in 5143)
and so on.

does anyone had a similar problem. does anyone knows if the problem comes from the Maple HMI or from the Unitronics PLC?

Any idea will be tested (...with limits).

Thanks.

I do not really know, actually do not know anything but I have a thought.

You set it using 5101+RN, I think this will offset your ML by one. Try using 5100+RN and see what happens OR see if you can offset ML by one.

I am not familiar with Unitronics but a few are so attempting to keep this high.

Thanks,

We allready try to use 5100+RN it doesn't works. The +1 is an Unitronics specification, when we work with Cimplicity, we also have to use a +1 to every address.

The curious thing is that it works allright with every ten... that is to say, if we use... 5121, 5131, 5141,... and so one, but using only 1 of 5 registers is a little unacceptable :)

OK,
It doesn't seem a very popular post, but, if someone get the same problem, here is the answer...

No way. It can not be done.

We checked with the people that sells the HMI here in Israel, and the thing is that the HMI sends a 32 bit string, and the PLC needs 2 16bits strings to make the word. so, you will never get the hole string in the PLC, and you can never read it like it must be.
(ah, it can be that the sending is 32 from the PLC and 16 of the HMI, I don't remember exactly sorry for that)

We ended up working just with 16 bit registers.