Omron C200/500 to CJ1/CS1 mapping

cjh

Has anyone ever seen a document showing a cross reference from the C200/500 mapping to the CJ1/CS1 mapping? I know there is some overlap in the addressing but I have not been able to find a document on this and I could not find this information in the user manuals on Omron's website.

Thanks.

Not sure there is a document. CX-Programmer will handle the conversion for you. Probably the biggest difference is that Timers and Counters are now in separate memory areas. C-series timers and counters shared a memory area.

Also CS1/CJ1 has about twice the instructions of the C200H.

CS1/CJ1 is free addressing based on card in slot where C200H/C500 was fixed addressing. Example, 32 point card for C200H was a special I/O Module. 32 point for CS1/CJ1 will be allocated 2 channels. Addressing and configuration will be in the W339 manual.

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

When you say that CX programmer will do the conversion, I am assuming that you mean I can bring in a C200/500 project and convert it to download into a CJ1/CS1, yes?

I am looking more for something that will specifically say DM0=D0, etc... The reason is so I can use a driver written specifically for the C200/500 (addresses) to communicate with a CJ1.

But maybe you have a point. Possible I can throw some addresses into a project for a C200 and then change it over to a CJ1 and see what it gives me.

Yes, DM0=D0. If you are working mostly with DM you should be fine. C200H was probably Hostlink protocol and that will not change on the CJ1.

IR will now by CIO. CJ1 does add a specific Work bit area W that was not supported by C series.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Priour to changing anything in the original program,I highly recommend you save it with a NEW file name. This way you always have the original one to refer to. I made individual file folers for the original programs and one for the converted ones.

If you have any analog in the C200 it will use different memory addresses in the CJ/CS. The addresses are in the CJ/CS manual. Additionally, if you have any remote I/O the addresses change from 50.xx to 3000.xx. I found by opening project work space, click on symbols and you can globally change a 50.00 to 3000.00 easily enough. This is also a good place to edit descriptions for the address too.

Every other instruction converted with out issue. The original project was done in syswin. I did the original covert to CS with CX-P ver 3 so if you have a higher version, like CX-ONE, you will find things should be straigt forward.