Pcmk Communication Board

rowens

Resently my laptop was changed out at work. I have both the RS Linx and the RS Logic software.I have found my cables to go with my PCMK board and the associated software for it.I used the EVMOVE function to move the activation from one laptop to the other. however somewhere in all of the confusion the card itself has been misplaced. we have been looking for it for a couple of weeks.

My local rep said a new card was $1600.00. This sounds like a lot of money for an interface card when I already have the software and cables.

We only have one AB 5/04 PLC in use at this time. it is connected to a panelview 1600 for which I also have the software. I would like to change several things in the programming to use it for much more than it is currently being used.
I would like to do ladder logic as I am most familiar with it.

What are my options
icon5.gif

Are generic available?
Is this a incorrect price?

thanks,
Ricky

Your price is correct. If you only have one SLC 5/04 I would suggest connecting to it with a serial connection.
I am assuming your PV is connected VIA DH+, you could connect to it with a serial cable as well.

If you have a new laptop it probably doesn't have a serial port but you can buy a USB to serial converter. Do a search here before you buy because some of these work better than others.

I concur.
Standard serial cables with null modem adapters are a few bucks at radio shack.
1600 panelview?
If its a standard PV1500 programmed with panelbuilder I highley reccomend a pcmcia ram card or the PCMCIA adapter with a 56K compact flash for the panelview. Saves a lot of time on uploading and downloading.

Last edited:
rowens said:
Is there not a generic equivalent?
You mean a 3rd party equivalent of the PCMK card ? No.

If there is nothing hooked up to the DH+ port on the SLC5/04, then you might consider to exchange it for a SLC5/05.
That, or use a serial cable for the eventual programming. At 19200 or 38400 baud it is quite acceptable.