RSlinx failed to identify device

aryautomation

Good Afternoon:
I need help on this problem, I am going crazy over here. I have been programming several PLCs with my laptop without any problems, But right now I am trying to connect to ML1100 , 1763-L16BBB and I get the message: (autoconfig appears to have succeeded, however RSlinx has failed to identify the device)
the version of rslinx that I have is 2.43.01(CPR6) which I think is a new one.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RSlinx lite

Last edited:
aryautomation said:
Good Afternoon:
I need help on thi sproblem, I am going crazy over here. I have been programming several PLCs with my laptop without any problems, But right now I am trying to connect to ML1100 , 1763-L16BBB and I get the message: (autoconfig appears to have succeeded, however RSlinx has failed to identify the device)
the version of rslinx that I have is 2.43.01(CPR6) which I yhink is a new one.

Which RSlinx driver are you trying to configure? The AB_EthIP or Serial DF1?

Also, go to Rockwell's web site and ensure you have the must up to date *.eds file

http://www.ab.com/networks/eds.html

Ian

Last edited:
New hardware, new hardware description file

RSLinx 2.50 and RSLogix 500 version 7.0 were the first versions to support the MicroLogix 1100 controller.

If you still have a problem with the DF1 driver after installing RSLinx 2.50, refer to RA Knowledgebase document 33050 to patch the hardware identity file.

aryautomation said:
I have is 2.43.01(CPR6) which I think is a new one.

RSlinx lite
You need at leas version 2.50
You can actually go online and donwload even with 2.43 but it will appear as unrecognized device...