TP270 - System time settings

adfox

Hi, is there any way of changing Panel's System time from protool runtime, without exiting it ? Date output field has option TAG/System time but input has only a tag to select.

How can I set system time from a tag ?

Or how to open directly system time properties from windows control panel ?
Protool has function Open control panel, but i need to open just date and time settings.

Thanks in advance,
adam

Hello adfox.

Insert an object of type "Date/Time". This presents an input/output field that sets the system time directly without going via a tag.

edit: If you want to, you can indeed use a tag, but it is not a requirement.

Geez, Thanks, i must be blind today :/
I just noticed checkbox "Allow Edit" on the Date and time object.
Thanks again.

Not to hijack this thread, but is there any simple way to synchronize PLC time with HMI time (TP270 to 317 processor)? I'd like to able to allow the operator to set the time in the HMI as detailed above and have the new time applied to the PLC to use for time-stamping. From some preliminary reading it looks like I might have to use an area pointer but I would be interested to know if anyone has a better suggestion?

Binaural said:
is there any simple way to synchronize PLC time with HMI time (TP270 to 317 processor)? I'd like to able to allow the operator to set the time in the HMI as detailed above and have the new time applied to the PLC to use for time-stamping.

Hi Binaural
Indeed it is pretty easy to make time synchronizing between panel and PLC. Because, I don't know how to explain it in english, but here is one example how i make it (in principal).

Pete

Last edited: