Blue hose (AB RIO or DH+) in festoon?

wildswing

Hey fellas,

Has anyone ever run across Blue Hose type cable that can be used in a festoon system?

We have a mobile storage cart that's run by an on-board SLC, but sends/receives some info from a PLC5 over a funky hardwired setup consisting of 1/2 dozen discrete lines (multiplexed binary mess). We'd love to upgrade and make the SLC a RIO drop for the 5. Any suggestions?

I've posted another question about making the SLC a RIO scanner HERE.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

:banghead: Remote I/O The occasional times i have had to deal with blue hose/PLC5 I/O addressing it always wrecks my head. Now i am working on...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, Does anyone have an easy product/method for converting blue hose to Ethernet? Found this ProSoft module and it's exactly what I'm...
Replies
Views
I am guessing that for DH+ networks it is more futureproof to purchase a U2DHP adapter than a PKTX card, given that PKTX is for PCI and not...
Replies
Views
I need to run a 120 control wire for a solenoid and the easiest way I see is using the blue hose conduit as it's the only thing in it. The run is...
Replies
Views
I need a short piece of cable to hook up a test Panelmate to an old PLC-5 system. I do not have any of the A-B "blue hose" (Belden 9463) to make...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom