Panelview 300 Last State Retention

grant

I have a Panelview 300 that does not retain the last state or value entered into one of the Increment/Decrement Entry 's when a complete power down/ power up occurs. The value is written to an N7 file and that file is used once in the plc program.

The value is used to choose a recipe/pattern number to be used in a process. No matter what number is entered, if a reboot happens it always 'defaults' to number 3. There are other Increment/Decrement Entries on this screen, but only one does not retain the entered value.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Grant,
Open your pv300 program click on Application Settings, then the Powerup tab. If you have the "use terminal presets" checked this may be your problem. The other possibility is you using that bit somewhere else or are writing to the word that the bit belongs to and it is getting overwritten. Check the file useage in RSLogix by opening the N7 data table and click on useage. If the entire word is being addressed somewhere in your program you will have a"W" at the start of that word. If not do a "find all" for your bit and make sure it is only in one spot.