Pto Jog

aryautomation

hI GUYS,
I AM USING ML1100 TO RUN TWO SEPPER MOTORS. ON EACH STEPPER MOTOR WHEN THE INPUT GOES HIGH, IT SHOULD TURN FOR FEW STEPS IN ONE DIRECTION AND THEN CHANGE DIRECTION FOR THE REST OF THE STEPS. I AM THINKING TO USE THE JOG FEATURE, BUT I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM THE JOG FUNCTION.
ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

First for be able to jog, you must disable EN bit of PTO by open the rung of the PTO instruction.

Then, enter a jog frequency in PTO:0.JF (if PTO:0 is used). If you enter a value less than zero or more than 20 000 plc will give you a fault. If you leave 0, no mouvement will occur when a jog will be requested.

Next step is to select what kind of jog you need, JP (jog pulse) increment one pulse at time or JC (jog continuous) for jog at selected speed s long signal is egual 1.

Anytime you can monitor you jog status thru JCS and JPS read bit in the PTO function file

Wish I help a bit
Good luck

Check out the ML1100 Instruction Set Reference Manual (1763-RM001A-EN-P). Let me know if you need a link to this.

Refer to the detailed information on the PTO (pulse train output) instruction. I think it is under the chapter dealing with high speed outputs.

This should give you everthing you need...!!!