Please help

wilkor

I have pm'ed a couple of you guys. I am trying to learn plc's myself and have recieved a 60 question test from a friend of mine. It is very basic and I would like it answered so I have an answer key. I will pay for your time.
Tom

Greetings Tom ...

I’ll second Bernie’s suggestion ...

and I recommend that you stop reading now, unless you’re up for a challenge ...

here’s a true story ... several years ago my wife and I were having dinner with one of my “honorary nieces” and her family ... the little lady was in the second grade at the time ... her mother was seriously worried about her grades in math ... addition was the topic at hand ... I used a table napkin and made up a test with twenty or thirty addition problems ... the little girl worked through them all and passed the paper to me so that I could grade it ... instead of looking at it, I handed it right back to her and said something like this:

“go back over the test again ... for every problem that you KNOW is correct, put a check mark ... for every problem that you think MIGHT be wrong, put a question mark” ...

when I looked at the paper that she had “graded” herself, each and every “checked” question was indeed correct ... a few of the ones that had “question” marks were right too - but most of them were wrong ...

but ...

each and every problem that she had marked with a “question” had a seven or a nine in it ... there weren't any sevens or nines in the problems that she had "checked" ...

I told her mother something like this: “she’s not having trouble with MATH ... she’s just having trouble with sevens and nines ... start concentrating on sevens and nines and quit wasting time on the things that she already knows” ...

the little princess instantly started making EXCELLENT grades in math ...

now here’s the point: most people who are studying something KNOW which parts of the subject are most confusing to them - and they KNOW which parts they find quite simple ... unfortunately most instructors never take the time (or else don’t have the time) to differentiate between the “simple” and the “confusing” categories ... consequently, a lot of valuable instruction time is wasted on covering (and then recovering) material that the student already knows - and KNOWS that he knows ...

now we come to your project of learning PLCs ... as my distinguished colleague Bernie has already suggested, post the questions AND your answers ... I’ll go one step further ... it’s going to be more work for you, but I guarantee that it will help you in the long run ...

post the questions and your answers ... AND include your thoughts on WHY you came up with the answers that you’ve posted ... AND tell us which answers you’re SURE are correct ... and which answers you’re not quite so sure about ...

basically, what I’m suggesting is that you let us help you where it hurts the most - and dispense with wasting time on concepts that you’ve already mastered ...

if you’ve read this far, welcome to the forum ...

Last edited:
Wilkor PM'd me asking again for the answers. Wilkor - please heed Ron's post. I kind of wonder what good having JUST QUESTIONS is without some kind of accompanying training. Have you gone through the tutorial on this site?

Food for thought

60 questions about PLC's.... Might and this is a big might...scratch the surface... Programing PLC's takes years of pratice and even then you will still be learning... So take Ron's suggestion to heart. One of the main reasons you see so many people say "I will not do your homework" is because we have seen first hand the consequences. Eveyone on this forum will be more than happy to help you understand what you are working with. But this feild does not allow "kinda" understanding. So giving the answers would serve no purpose other than to hinder your understanding of what you are working with.

Plc Sellection

ArikBY said:
Post the questions here.I WANT A COMPLETE SYSTEM WITH THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATION:
1- 40 T0 60 DIGITAL INPUTS
2- 25 TO 30 DIGITAL OUTPUTS
3- 4 T0 6 ANALOG INPUTS
4- 2 TO 4 ANALOG OUTPUTS
5- TOUCHSCREEN {COLORED}
PLEASE HELP ME ; RECOMMEND A LOW COST SYSTEM AND HOW CAN I FIND ANY DETAILS ABOUT YOUR RECOMMENDED SYSTEM .
THANK YOU VERY MUCH .

Plc Sellection

I Want A Complete System With The Following Specification:
1- 40 T0 60 Digital Inputs
2- 25 To 30 Digital Outputs
3- 4 T0 6 Analog Inputs
4- 2 To 4 Analog Outputs
5- Touchscreen {colored}
Please Help Me ; Recommend A Low Cost System And How Can I Find Any Details About Your Recommended System .
Thank You Very Much .